Monday, November 17, 2008

latest from India

I just talked to the preacher, and they are in Vizhag (?), India.  They are catching a flight to Dehli where they have arranged a tour guide to show them around since they have a long layover there. After that it's a 17-hour plane ride from Dehli straight to Chicago.  Then finally they will be home Wednesday morning!  Woo hoo!!!  If you have nothing to do Wednesday morning, I'm sure they'd love a big welcome at the airport.  Their flight arrives at 9:50.

Daryl hardly has a voice, and he sounds really tired.  He said they got lost in the jungle for 5 hours yesterday!  And he said this time it was REAL jungle.  It was too dark to see much, though.  I think he said they will post some more pictures and final thoughts when they get home.

Thanks for all the support for Daryl and Steve through your generous donations, your prayers and your comments on this blog!  I have enjoyed reading them, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I think this is from you, and I wanted to send a "big" thanks to you for setting up the blog and letting us experience these precious days with Daryl and Steve. Steve has been on other mission trips, but we never felt so close or involved as we have this time--thanks to you! Give them both big hugs from us! With love, Shirley O'Hanian

Anonymous said...

Steve and Daryl, You are probably home now; it is 11:15 Eastern Time. Wish we could be there with the rest to hug you. I'm thinking that I would like another grandson--like Broussard! Anyway, your reports lifted us up, and I know you gave God glory and honor these last two weeks! We love you,
Shirley and Sam P.S. I guess Thanksgiving will be sad/sweet this year as you remember your brothers in India.