Monday, November 10, 2008

1 Preacher Workshop Down--2 to go! Steve

Well, as Daryl said below, the preacher workshop today was a neat experience.  120 preachers, some having traveled for 5-6 hours by bus to get here, meeting together for fellowship and encouragement.  It was humbling to preach to them.  We each preached two one hour lessons.  I preached on "A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words (your faith being a living testimony of Christ) and Lessons on Leadership from Nehemiah (thanks for the inspiration, Kent Hartman!).  It was a good day, but very tiring.  We are now preparing to attend an anniversary party (I'm giving a short lesson).

29th and Yale gave 10 bikes to ten village preachers today.  We were so blessed to represent you in this!  I know these Gospel Chariots will be put to good use and will save souls. 

We saw the kids again today (briefly).  Don't tell Samantha, but I'm planning to adopt at least one of them!  Don't know how I could pick just one, but I do have a couple of favorites.  They are all as cute and sweet as can be!  I think a 10-year-old boy, Broussard, might be my choice.  What a great kid!  But it's a surprise for Samantha--don't tell!  :-)  Love and miss you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!!

A little boy would sure change the dynamics of our family a bit, wouldn't it, Steve? You and Scooby would finally have equal representation!

Just read an article in the Tulsa World about a family adopting a little boy from Uganda. They have been trying for about a year to adopt him, but aren't able to work through all of the red tape to get him here. So, they are actually moving their family of 6 to Uganda for 2 - 3 years (can't remember) because the law will allow them to adopt him and bring him back to the US after that time! Wow! What a committment to that little boy. It brought tears to my eyes.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you over the next few days as you travel into the jungle. Should be very interesting! Looking forward to hearing about it.

I LOVE YOU!!

Samantha

TWHallman said...

Hey Stevie, way to go on the workshop, you are the bomb! Excited to hear of the adoption, lips are sealed, won't mention it to Samantha.

Anonymous said...

Steve, I certainly enjoyed your reports. Shirley O'Hanian told me today about your trip and I wanted to tell you how pleased I am for you and for your service to India for Christ.
May God continue to bless you and Daryl on your travels. May He keep you safe.
Marilyn McDermett, Church of Christ at Falls Church (VA)

Lisa Howe said...

Do you think that boy will fit in your luggage, Steve? I bet he would love to come home with you! Maybe Daryl could even it out at his house and bring home a girl!!??

Seriously, you two are doing great things there! How exciting it is to get to read and watch it! I can't imagine how it would be to live it! Wow!

Always praying for you both!

Lisa Howe

Linda said...

Hey Steve,
Just now checked out your blog - don't ask me what took me so long!!!
What you all are doing for the Lord is wonderful...What an exciting adventure and incredible journey you must be having - and those adorable children - well, the smiles on their faces and the fact you are there ministering to them and their families, are worth a million bucks - well more, because you cannot put a price on it! I think you and Samantha should adopt one of those cute little boys - what a blessing and Christmas present that would be!
Everything is well here at the ole Office - we're just waiting for you to get back here and get to work! Tom is complaining constantly! No, really, everything is going smoothly - of course, coming from me that's not too much comfort as you may have a jillion things to do on your desk when you get back!
Seriously, I'm saying prayers for your safety there and safe return home to your family. I'm sure you miss them terribly! See you soon and God bless.
Linda Mac (GG) :)