Friday, November 7, 2008

That Crazy London Town - Daryl


On our trip over to India we were blessed to have a long enough of a layover in London that we were able to do some quick sight seeing around the city.  This was my first experience on a real subway or the tube as they call it in London.  We bought a day pass and were able to get around town fairly easily.

We spent some time just walking around and I was really impressed with the architecture and the overall look of so many of the buildings.  We did not have time to go inside and take a tour of anything but at least we were able to go by Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, The Tower of London and the London Bridge.  I also really enjoyed just listening to people talk.  London is definitely a place I want to visit again and be able to spend a lot more time exploring.

I am posting a picture of me in front of the London Bridge wearing a funny hat.  When I saw it I just had to buy it.  Those of you who are "Friends" fans will appreciate it.  Now I will have to find a way to work it into a sermon, Ha!  I got Steve to take the picture for me.  He did it pretty quickly.  I think he was embarrassed to be seen with me with that on.  I can't imagine why.

No comments: