Sunday, November 16, 2008

Last Day In Kakinada - Steve

Well, it is Sunday evening (here) and we are starting to pack.  I'm anxious to get home, but I'm dreading packing and the travel.

Church went well this morning.  With the power out all day yesterday, I didn't have a chance to prepare a new lesson, so I preached the Gideon lesson I preached our first night here (regarding how God can use people who are afraid and have weak faith to accomplish his purposes if they will only rely on Him and His strength).  It seemed to be well-received.

Afterwards, we came back to the Gootams to eat lunch (one of the best meals we have had--beef that tasted like pot roast), then we loaded up and went back to the beach with the kids.  It was great to spend some quality time with them before we leave.  It was really hard to say good-bye though.  They are SUCH sweet kids!  They have a tough life, but they don't seem to know it.  They are so happy.  A powerful lesson for us all.  They all gathered around us and shook our hands (hugs are not really the cultural norm here) and all said "happy travels, sir"--most of them multiple times.  Daryl and I were both tearing up when we left.

Got to talk with Emily, Anna Kay and my mom this morning (last night your time).  It was great to talk to them, but I was sorry I missed Samantha.  Gotta go! Not positive we;ll be able to post tomorrow night, but we'll certainly try!  If not, see you in Tulsa!

Love, Steve

No comments: